Summer's begun and nothing says summer like a margarita: that delicious salted rim, fresh-squeezed lime shaken in with tequila and ice, and good people to toast with.
Here are a few great facts about summer's best drink...
1. Americans drink about 185,000 margaritas EVERY HOUR!
2. Margarita means "daisy" in Spanish and "pearl" in Latin. The Daisy was a popular Prohobition-era drink that probably morphed into the modern margarita.
3. The frozen margarita was invented in the 1970s by a Texas restaurant owner whose customers were complaining that their ice melted too quickly (at Bacchus, we prefer the classy over ice style, though).
4. The margarita is America's most popular cocktail!
5. Margaritas are only $3 today at Bacchus! Happy Monday!
Get more fun margarita facts at MentalFloss. Photo by Jon Sullivan [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons