With 2017 looming - we don't know what's in store. How will the coming year shape who we are?
We'll illustrate emotions with images of the sexy Gilbert Gao. Guess the emotion then click the image to discover how we defined his emotion.
Rest assured, in 2017 Bacchus will be around and will offer our 2-4-1 cocktail Wednesdays and hot DJs, like DJ Kuya- playing tonight at 10PM.
Most people would like to be the best possible version of themselves. Everyone has a different concept of what makes you the best that you can be.
Though this is hard to define, the best version of yourself is the happiest version of yourself. Here's a bit of advice:
Know who you want to be and be that person.
Make a list of the most important qualities in your personality. If you find yourself deviating from those qualities, slow down and regain your composure.
For example, if you want to be a more patient person, come up with a plan to practice patience in stressful times, such as counting to ten.
- Things like meditation, exercise, and spiritual practices can help you recenter yourself on who you want to be. Consider playing flag football with the HIGFFL.
Set achievable goals.
When your goals are specific and achievable you are more apt to meet them and feel good about it. On the other hand, if you goals are vague and unrealistic you are more likely to get frustrated and forego all of your goals.
- For example, going to the dentist twice a year is a specific and achievable goal.
- Asking the guy at the bar at Bacchus to go for a walk on the beach is an achievable goal.
- On the other hand, improving your health is too broad and vague.
Adding a timeframe (like "…by February 15th") can be more motivating.
Eliminate things that stress you out and slow you down.
Try to be one step ahead instead of one step behind. Being prepared will help you feel less stressed and overwhelmed. Create routines for yourself that promote success.
- Prepare for the next day the night before.
- Stop procrastinating and get your work done before any deadlines.
- Go for a walk or a run.
So we'll get through 2017. We certainly know there'll be surprises and upsetting news.
Bacchus will always be there to be your friendly place of respite. We're a small, one-room, welcoming hole-in-the wall, but like you, we're trying to be the best we can be.