Tap Beer is $2 every Tuesday at Bacchus. Come on in and have a drink. You'll be glad you did.
We've recently had some questions about the strength of alcohol. Alcohol standards and recommendations are different all over the world. Leading some to ask:
What is a standard drink in the United States?
There are healthcare standards and bar standards. With respect to healthcare, a standard drink is equal to 14.0 grams (0.6 ounces) of pure alcohol. Generally, this amount of pure alcohol is found in:
- 12 ounces of beer (5% alcohol content)
- 14-16 ounces of draft beer (3-5% alcohol content)
- 8 ounces of malt liquor (7% alcohol content)
- 5 ounces of wine (12% alcohol content)
- 1.5 ounces or a “shot” of 80-proof (40% alcohol content) distilled spirits or liquor (e.g., gin, rum, vodka, whiskey)
Bacchus standards are close to these but…
Our drinks are stronger…
…they won't make you muscular, but we thought you'd enjoy these muscles pics. :-)
Is beer or wine safer to drink than liquor?
No. One 12-ounce beer has about the same amount of alcohol as one 5-ounce glass of wine, or 1.5-ounce shot of liquor. It is the amount of alcohol consumed that affects a person most, not the type of alcoholic drink.
Have a $2 Tap Beer today at Bacchus Waikiki.
Or some wine.