Swing and Sway

Walk on up the stairs at 408 Lewers today and enjoy $6 Absolut cocktails (all flavors). Our bartenders will keep you smiling with today's videos and sports on tv. Watch the queens of RuPaul's Drag Race sashay down the runway at 5PM. At 10PM, DJ Vaughn returns to Bacchus to heat up the mood.


Verbal language (what we say and how we say it) makes up 20% of how we communicate. The other 80% is body language! If we want to be and appear more confident it is important to always work on improving our body language.

Your walk is one of the biggest things you can work on. If you find your eyes suddenly drawn to a man walking down the street, chances are his or her walk is one of the main reasons. A walk that is confident is also sexy.

So, what does a confident sexy walk look like?

It’s pretty hard to accurately describe with words, but a video is very instructional and telling. Here is compilation of Daniel Craig walks, who I consider to have a very confident walk, especially from his Bond movies.

Trivia buffs should know that, according to scientific research, there are two basic walking styles, Swing and Sway.

Swing is an expansive and open way of walking. Observers associate this walking style with adventurousness, warmth, trustworthiness and extroversion. Sway is a slow and relaxed way of walking. Observers associate this walking style with emotional stability.

These observations aren't necessarily true signals of personality because mood also plays a part in your walking style. Happy people walk faster. Courageous/confident people walk with wider steps and walk ahead of a group. Persistent people take heavier steps. Low energy or depressed people walk slowly and may drag their feet.

Fast walkers have high energy and prefer a no-hassle lifestyle. Slow walkers are calm and laid back. Quiet walkers have lower self-esteem.

Make small changes to give the impression of confidence and self-esteem. Even if you're not in a good mood, try to walk with proper posture like Daniel Craig:

Chest Up/Chin Out/Shoulders & Back Straight/Heel First

That's what confidence looks like. It's alot to remember, but practice will make it perfect. Just like when you're flirting. You're at Bacchus:

You notice that man who keeps crossing your view…

If it seems like he continues to walk by with apparently no sense of why he’s there, he’s there for you. He’s trying to get you to notice him with this obvious sign. He's flirting, and you need to say something endearing. By walking past repeatedly, perhaps out of his way, he’s telling you he wants your attention, but he's making you work for it.

Walk up to him confidently. :-)


It's Friday, June 2, 2017 at Bacchus: Enjoy $6 Absolut, $4 Baker + Butcher sandwiches, Major League Baseball or local sports, RuPaul's Drag Race and DJ Vaughn.